PostPosted: February 26, 2012 23:28 

Can anyone tell me please if these following 2 albums are identical ie tracks have same mixes and running time or are they different?

Thanks and regards

Dave

PostPosted: February 27, 2012 19:28 

Anyone ???

Thanks

Dave

PostPosted: February 27, 2012 21:06 

I have both. Will give them a spin later and write a summary (ifI only had two turntables ... would make it much easier). But from what I remember there was no difference other than order of songs.

The Blood Suckers (Showcase) I do not think should be in the same page as those two though. As both songs and mixes differ.

PostPosted: February 27, 2012 23:12 

I'm too tired now but I'll do it in the morning. But really there shouldn't be any differences.

PostPosted: February 28, 2012 13:12 

The comment on says "all songs in discomix style".Surely they should be of diff running times.On mixes i can only confirm 'Visions of pablo' to be of slightly different mix than that in Trafalgar square.

PostPosted: February 28, 2012 13:14 

Oops!The cover was supposed to be

PostPosted: February 28, 2012 14:24 

Well yeah. That one is as I said to be regarded as a different album. It's more of a compilation of some Burning Vibrations (and related) 12" sides.

Trafalgar Square and Celluloid do have some differences. These are the ones I could notice (was difficult comparing two LPs by having to switching them on one TT).

Blood Suckers (Dub)

Celluloid version is about 1 minute longer. It starts with the volume being raised right into a Pablo's voice through a delay chanting Africa. Whilst the Traf Sq. LP has it starting with a drum intro.

Blood Suckers

Celluloid version is about 1 minute shorter. Which make me think that they might be the exact same mixes but cut in different places for the album. I couldn't find any restart on the Celluloid version though so probably not.

The rest of the songs I couldn't find any differences in.

Hope this was of any help and what a great listening experience it has been. Was ages since I last heard some of those songs.

PostPosted: February 28, 2012 16:41 

I have it on a burning rockers compilation set which is a different cut than on both of the previously mentioned albums if I´m not mistaken.

BR 10001 Various Artists - Rocking Feeling (not listed here on RA)

http://rootsvinylguide.com/ebay_items/237971

PostPosted: February 28, 2012 18:51 

So how many versions are there of that song? The Trafalgar Sq., the Celluloid, the 12" (which is the same as the Showcase LP) and a V/A compilation cut?

PostPosted: February 28, 2012 21:08 

Hi Kalcidis

Thanks for the feedback.

I have the "Trafalgar Square" and used to have the Reggae on Top issue of "Bloodsuckers Showcase" and I know there are a few differences in those 2 albums.

It was the Celluloid issue of "Bloodsuckers" that I wasn`t sure about.

Anyway glad to hear you enjoyed revisiting those albums. Pablo Gad has been a long time favorite of mine. He has truely made some crucial music over the years.