PostPosted: March 9, 2009 20:29 

OK now I know this has been going on for the last 9 years or maybe longer but, whats with The Classic Roots/dancehall singer Mr.F.P.(Frankie Paul). This is one of my favorite artists and I'm really confused about why exactly people are calling this guy gay & or a child molester???? WTF!!! I personally don't care if he's gay but a child molester is not cool in any way or fashion.. I know that Beenieman & Bounty Killer made tunes in reflection of these rumors or may be the general source. I'm not really buying it but the youths are not really having him or hearing him anymore... not even his old classics!!!! I would like to know more about this.. If anyone cares to comment with some closure, please reply..

Respect

PostPosted: March 9, 2009 21:03 

Personally I just think it's a case of very nasty rumour spreading. If it ever had been brought up to court I'd give it a thought but as it is now I think it's not even worth giving rumours like that the slightest interest.

PostPosted: March 9, 2009 21:16 

So it looks like you would continue to listen to his music if he was gay, but you wouldn't if he is a child molestor. Why else would you need to know? Others wouldn't listen if he was either of the two. Then again, there are others that would listen if he was both of the two.

It's hard to do, but I try to sperate the artist from the art. When you know enough about people's pasts, it's the only way that you can continue.

While I don't know of the records that you speak of, to actually accuse someone of that without evidence is a horrible thing to do. It's very hard to prove that you are NOT guilty of of an accusation unless a date and place are mentioned.

All of the haters in JA shouldn't care now. Frankie lives in Gambia, with his many kids (some sired, some adopted).

I can't offer closure, and I am not sure who can. But I think that we are wise to listen to Carlton Livingston when he says "don't follow rumours".

Really, our world has become gossip-obsessed! If you turn on the news, that's all you see....you wonder if these news anchors' mothers never told them that it's rude to gossip!

PostPosted: March 10, 2009 10:07 

Seen, very ugly rumours about this man are being spread.

A strong, positive and uplifting tune should be played no matter what. It's about the music and the vibe within that can move people in a positive way. It should not be about the 'artist' that much I think.

One Love

PostPosted: March 11, 2009 16:39 

Thanks for the feed back I appreciate it... I agree with with the general concensus that rumors are nothing but rumors & to respect the artist for thier works.. I can't find any hard evidence on this anyways...

I would still like to note that the younger generations are still not feeling him because of this.. which is a shame...

Thanks

PostPosted: March 11, 2009 17:04 

Well, if the younger generations are not feeling him because of it... then too bad for them because they are missing out on some sweet sounds!

PostPosted: March 12, 2009 13:38 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVEQNPXID_w&feature=channel_page

One of my top watched videos so maybe there is hope for Frankie yet!

PostPosted: March 12, 2009 15:10 

rasdragon wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVEQNPXID_w&feature=channel_page

Some nice tunes up there dragon, respect!

PostPosted: March 12, 2009 17:57 

Dave K wrote:rasdragon wrote :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVEQNPXID_w&feature=channel_page

Some nice tunes up there dragon, respect!

Thanks Dave.

PostPosted: March 12, 2009 20:32 

This is the first time i'm hearing of this 'rumour'... I'll keep on playing his music, no matter what... he released an album last year, anyone heard it yet?